Academy Member Inducted 2016Map & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 2010
- Total Mediations (as of May 2022): 3000
- Total Arbitrations (as of May 2022): 20
- EL PASO
Chris Antcliff is a full-time mediator and arbitrator. As an attorney for nearly 25 years, he's represented individuals and companies, plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts and has litigated cases involving, among other things, civil rights, contracts, torts,insurance claims and defense, personal injury, First and Fourth Amendment claims and defenses, labor and employment, wrongful death, legal and medical malpractice, water rights, environmental issues, and banking. He has argued before numerous appellate courts, including the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the Eighth District Court of Appeals in Texas. Judge Antcliff is a former judge of the 448th and 168th Judicial District Courts where he tried everything from multi-million dollar civil cases to capital murder cases. Judge Antcliff is also a former justice on the Texas Eighth District Court of Appeals where he authored more than 150 opinions on the merits during his fifteen months on the Court.
As a result of his many years of experience as an attorney, a judge and an appellate justice, Chris Antcliff is able to readily identify the relative strengths and weaknesses of each party's case and discuss those issues with the parties and their attorneys. While no one is able to accurately predict what a jury might do with any given set of facts, Mr. Antcliff will explain to the parties what they can expect from the legal “system” should they not be able to reach an agreement.
Judge Antcliff was named the 2010 Outstanding Jurist by the El Paso Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates and was named the 2013 Mediator of the year by the El Paso Bar Association. He is a former President of the El Paso Bar Association and a former President (and founder) of the El Paso Chapter of the Federal Bar Association. Judge Antcliff was also the receipient of the 2017 Bob Black Bar Leaders Award from the State Bar of Texas.
- ADA Disability
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Community Associations
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Elder Abuse
- Eminent Domain
- Family Businesses
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use/Planning
- Legal Malpractice
- Lemon Law
- Libel & Slander
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Media & Communications
- Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Non-profit Organizations
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Public Policy
- Railroad & Trucking
- Real Estate
- Religious Institutions
- Sexual Harassment
- Shareholder Disputes
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas. Doctor of Jurisprudence: May 13, 1995.
- University of San Diego School of Law, Guanajuato, Mexico. 1993 Institute of International and Comparative Law and the North American Free Trade Agreement.
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, Bachelor of Arts: May 1992. Major: Political Science.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation, June 2007 – Present
- Founder and President, El Paso Chapter, Federal Bar Association, March 2004–October 2006; Member, 2004 – Present
- Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison's Merit Selection Committee for the Western District of Texas, 2003
- El Paso Bar Association: Secretary (2012), Treasurer (2013), Vice President (2014), President-Elect (2015)
- State Bar of Texas Judiciary Relations Committee, May 2002 – May 2005
- State Bar of Texas, District 17A Grievance Committee, June 1999 – June 2005
- Criminal Justice Act Panel Committee, Western District of Texas, El Paso Division, January 2005 – May 2008
- Bar Association of the Fifth Circuit
- Barrister, George A. McAlmon Chapter, American Inns of Court, 2015 - Present.
- American Bar Association
- Chair, Public Service Board, El Paso Water, January 2014 – Present.
- Finance Council, Catholic Diocese of El Paso, June 2014 – Present.
- Amigo Airsho Board of Directors, June 2011 – June 2014.
- Rotary Club of El Paso, August 2008 – Present.
- St. Luke Catholic Church, Board of Directors, May 2008 – Present.
- Committee Chair, Troop 59, Boy Scouts of America, May 2010 – October 2014
Half-Day, $500.00 per party.
Full-Day, $1,250.00 per party.
$450.00 per party (split equally unless there is an agreement that Defendant is responsible for such fees). There is a $3,600.00 non-refundable deposit to calendar an arbitration.
More Information is available on my web site at www.antcliffmediation.com.