Academy MemberMap & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 1995
- Total Mediations (as of Apr 2021): 5000
Mr. Matthiesen has been a trial lawyer since 1979, starting at Foreman & Dyess, a large, diversified firm. He later became a Partner at Funderburk & Funderburk from 1982 to 1990, doing trial work in medical malpractice, personal injury and general civil trial areas.
Since founding MATTHIESEN & ASSOCIATES in 1990, he has engaged in civil trial, personal injury and medical malpractice on both sides of the docket and also served as managing partner of the firm and its successors. In recent years, Mr. Matthiesen has transitioned to near fulltime ADR practice, and has mediated in all areas of civil trial law, including personal injury, wrongful death, products liability, medical or other professional malpractice, construction disputes and commercial litigation.
To date, David has mediated over 5000 cases, ranging from 2-party matters to complex, multiparty cases in all areas of substantive law.
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS SCHOOL OF LAW - J.D. with honors, 1979
- BUCKNELL UNIVERSITY - B.S., cum laude, 1976
- Attorney Mediators Institute, Inc., Houston, January 1996
- Advanced Mediator Training - Houston, September 1999
Memberships & Affiliations
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Houston Bar Foundation
- Association of Attorney-Mediators
- American Board of Trial Advocates
Please call for details