- Practice Commenced1997
- # of MEDS (as of 9/12/23)4000
- # of ARBS (as of 9/12/23)
Online / In-Person
- SAN ANTONIO
Joe began his career as a Court Coordinator for Judge H.F. "Hippo" Garcia, 144th District Court, Bexar County, Texas, while still in law school. He continued his public service after law school as a Assistant District Attorney for Bexar County, prosecuting all types of matters ranging from misdemeanors to felonies. From there, Joe went to the United States Attorney's Office for the Western District of Texas in San Antonio. He prosecuted felonies ranging from white collar crime matters to drug cases.
Joe started his private law career in 1983 at the firm of Sawtelle Goode Davidson & Troilo, as a litigator primarily handling consumer and personal injury matters. In 1991, along with senior member John W. Goode, Joe and his fellow named partners started the firm of Goode Casseb Jones Riklin Choate & Watson. Joe has been actively involved in litigation and in 1997, after formal training at the Attorney Mediators Institute, began his mediation career which now comprises the majority of his practice. He has mediated over 4,000 matters in all areas of the law. He has been recognized as a "Super Lawyer" in ADR by Texas Monthly Magazine every year since 2008.
- Banking & Finance
- Community Associations
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Legal Malpractice
- Libel & Slander
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Real Estate
- Religious Institutions
- Sexual Harassment
- Wrongful Death
- University of Texas (B.A., 1974);
- St. Mary's University (J.D., 1977). Delta Theta Phi.
Attorney Mediators Institute, Dallas, Texas-1997.
Recognized by Texas Monthly Magazine as "Super Lawyer" in ADR, 2008 - present.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Director, State Bar of Texas, 1998-2001.
- Chair, State Bar of Texas 2007 Annual Meeting Committee.
- Member: San Antonio Bar Association (Director and all offices 1990-96, President 1996-97);
- San Antonio Bar Foundation (Trustee, and all offices, 1997-2006; Chair, 2005-2006).
- St. Mary's University Law Alumni Association, (Board of Directors, 1985-1988; 2001- 2005; 2010-2012, President 2003-2004);
- 2006 Distinguished Law Graduate, St. Mary's University (Board of Trustees, 2004-2012);
- St. Mary's University Board of Trustees 2004-2005.
- St. Mary's University School of Law Foundation (Trustee, 2004-present; President 2010-2011).
- Recognized by Texas Monthly Magazine as "Super Lawyer" in ADR, 2008 - present.
Please call for details.
Joe is also conducting mediations remotely, utilizing video and audio conferencing via Zoom, FaceTime and telephonic conference calling. Any party, attorney or representative wishing to participate remotely in a mediation (or in-person) should contact John Lavender at email@example.com or (210) 733-6030, ext 116.